Multipurpose amphibious aircraft for the Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations is intended for:
– rendering urgent help in critical areas of emergency;
– search&rescue missions in the sea, ambulance missions;
– air freighting.
Developing nation: Russia.
Manufacturer/designer: Beriev aircraft Company
Production line: Taganrog.
Number built: 9.
Type aircraft: amphibious aircraft purpose-built as a water bomber.
First flight: 24 September 1998.
First delivery: 31 July 2003.
Currently the contract concluded with the Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations for the delivery of seven Be-200ES aircraft is being performed. The first serial Be-200ES amphibian took off on its maiden flight from the aerodrome in Irkutsk on June 17, 2003 and was handed over to the aviation group of the Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations.
One Be-200ES aircraft was delivered to foreign customer in Azerbaijan in 2008.
The serial production is kept on, with one aircraft produced each year. In August/September 2004, the Be-200ES aircraft demonstrated successful operation in Italy under an agreement between BERIEV and SOREM, the latter being the official firefighting aircraft operator authorized by the Civil Defense Department (Protezione Civile) of Italy.
In August/September 2004, the Be-200ES aircraft demonstrated successful operation in Italy under an agreement between BERIEV and SOREM, the latter being the official firefighting aircraft operator authorized by the Civil Defense Department (Protezione Civile) of Italy.
In 2010, production of the Be-200 is due to switch to the Centre of competence for amphibian aircraft and flying boats in Taganrog. An assembly line is being set up using tooling and equipment received from Irkut’s main manufacturing site in Irkutsk, Siberia.
- Crew: 2
- Length: 32.0 m (105 ft 0 in)
- Wingspan: 32.8 m (107 ft 7 in)
- Height: 8.9 m (29 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 117.4 m² (1,264 ft²)
- Empty weight: 27,600 kg (60,850 lb)
Max Take Off Weight (Land): 41,000 kg (90,390 lb)
- Max Take Off Weight (Water): 37,900 kg (83,550 lb)
- Max Capacity (Water or Retardant): 12,000 kg (26,450 lb)
- Max Capacity (Cargo): 7,500 kg (16,530 lb)
- Max Capacity (Passengers): 44 (Be-200ES) 72 (Be-210)
- Powerplant: 2× Progress D-436TP turbofans, 7,500 kgf (16,534 lbf) each
- Maximum speed: 700 km/h (435 mph)
- Cruise speed: 560 km/h (348 mph)
Economy speed: 550 km/h (342 mph)
- Landing speed: 200 km/h (124 mph)
- Takeoff speed: 220 km/h (137 mph)
- Minimum speed (Flaps 38°): 157 km/h (98 mph)
- Range: 2,100 km (1,305 mi)
- Ferry range (One Hour Reserve): 3,300 km (2,051 mi)
- Service ceiling: 8,000 m (26,246 ft)
- Rate of climb: 13 m/s (2,600 ft/min) (At Sea Level and MTOW – Flaps 20°)
- Rate of climb: 17 m/s (3,350 ft/min) (At Sea Level and MTOW – Flaps 0°)
- ARIA 200-M integrated avionics system.