The Bo-105CBS-5 Army or Navy is a lightweight twin-engine multi-role military helicopter. It is built by the Eurocopter Group (since July 10th 2000 member of EADS), owned 70% by A?rospatiale France and 30% by Daimler Aerospace (DASA) of Germany. The military version of the Bo-105 include the antitank version with weapon-carrying outriggers and the scout version which has a mast-mounted sight above the main rotor. Missions include: direct air support, antitank, reconnaissance, search and rescue, and transport. In addition to reconnaissance, observation and surveillance missions. Many civil operators use the Bo-105 for medical assistance by accidents. Also for police operations is the Bo-105 perfect.
The Bo-105 was developed initially by Messerschmitt-B?lkow-Blohm in Germany. Others are built in Chile, the Philippines, Indonesia (NBo-105), and Spain (CASA Bo-105/ATH).
- Bo-105CB: The standard production variant.
- Bo-105CBS: VIP version with a slightly longer fuselage to accommodate 6 passengers, some used in a SAR role.
- Bo-105LS: Upgraded to 2x 550-shp Allison 250-C28 turbo shafts engines for extended capabilities in high altitudes and temperatures. Produced only in Canada.
- Bo-105M/VBH: Standard reconnaissance version.
- Bo-105P/PAH1: Standard antitank version.
- The Bo-105P has a roof-mounted direct-view, daylight-only sight to allow firing of HOT ATGMs. Options exist to fit a thermal imaging system for night operations, and a laser designator.
- Available avionics include weather radar, Doppler and GPS navigation, and an autopilot. It is capable of operation in day, night, and instrument meteorological conditions.
|Task:||Light utility helicopter .|
|First Flight:||February 16, 1967.|
|Crew:||1 or 2.|
|Troops/passengers:||4 or 5|
|Maine rotor diameter:||9,84 m.|
|Maine rotor disc area:||76,05 m².|
|Tail rotor diameter:||1,90 m.|
|Tail rotor disc area:||2,835 m².|
|Length overall, rotors turning:||11,86 m.|
|Length fuselage:||8,56 m.|
|Height overall:||3,00 m.|
|Engine (s):||Two Allison 250-C-20B each rated at 313 kW for take-off and 298 kW for continuous running.|
|Weight:||– Empty: 1.276 Kg.
– Internal fuel: 456 Kg.
– Max. payload: 691 Kg.
|Max. Take off weight:||2.500 Kg.|
|Cruise Speed:||242 km/h.|
|Max. Speed:||270 km/h at m.|
|Service ceiling:||5.180 m.|
|Hovering ceiling:||– in ground effect 2.560 m.
– out of ground effect 1.615 m.
|Max. Range:||1.112 km.|
|Performance:||Max. endurance 2 hours 10 minutes.|
|Rate of climb:||480 m per minute.|
|Weapons:||– Rheinmetall Rh 202 20mm cannon.
– AIM-92A Stinger.
– AS-12 ASM pods.
– 2.75-in rocket pods.
– 68-mm SNEB rocket pods.
– 50-mm SNIA rockets.
– TOW I air-to-ground missile.
– TOW II air-to-ground missile.
– Hot II air-to-ground missile.